“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for more info.”
Shoes or boots are one of the most common fashion elements across the world. The global footwear market is expected to cross $372 billion by 2020. The growth rate of the industry is quite rapid. Perhaps, you may realize how big it is as you’ve come to know about the real industry estimation!
You can not even imagine how variety and diversity do exist here. When you go to the shoe markets, you may also lose yourself to decide what to get! There are vast collections all over the markets for athletic, non-athletic, and other specific types of general people. Different sizes, models, ages, genders, and for different purposes- what is not there?
As I said at the very first line, boots are a common fashion element everywhere, and it is true. But when it comes to choosing a set of boots for sports or riding like off-road motorcycle riding, it is more than a fashion. Boots work like a protective gear, which is life-saving indeed, in that case.
So, it is crucial to know the right motorcycle boots for a specific purpose. At the same time, it is essential to know, practice, learn to wear those boots correctly. Here in this article, we will brief on how to wear motorcycle boots.
Way of Wearing May Differ by Boot Types and Ride Nature
Although the way of wearing boots are pretty much similar in most of the cases, you need to play a bit different in a few cases depending on the nature of riding and types of boots. Actually, for some rides require some different kinds of boots, and some shoes need some specific wearing method.
Sometimes, those boots need to be dealt with specialty, for example, motocross boots should be broken in well for safety and comfort. So, it is essential to know how to break in motocross boots!
While riding motorcycles on plain streets, the boots need not be as stiff yet comfortable as it requires while riding through a trail. That means wearing your motorcycle boot is relatively much relaxed for the regular street than dirt or off-road. All of these play a minor role in making the way of wearing boots, but still, they play it.
For your information, some may even assume, wearing women’s moto boots requires some different techniques, but we think that except for size difference, women’s boots need no such thing.
But it is true that they may choose from so many outfits while wearing motorcycle boot. There are , indeed, more stylish outfit ideas for them to match with moto boot compared to men.
How to Break in and Wear Motorcycle Boots
Let’s come to the focal point of the article on how to wear motorcycle boot. Motorcycle boots are mainly made of leather in association with some other materials. Standard boot-wearing logic applies here, which you do every day when you wear your office-shoes.
But the leather is tough and hard to wear initially. So, what you need besides is to break in the leather first and then wear. To break in, you may follow the steps stated below:
- The most important thing you need to do is picking up the right size boot for your foot. To ensure the possible best fit, you should try them while buying and walk a while to understand if you feel it reasonably comfortable.
- Buy a small box of leather conditioner. Before using the boot first time, apply the conditioner on it. Keep the boots conditioner applied unless it goes dry.
- Once dried, start flexing them. Pull the leather as much as possible in every direction. Flex the heel and toe of the boot at maximum. It will make the leather soft. You can bend the boots and flex them correctly this way, which will make it comfortable to wear.
- Wear your new moto footwear as much as possible so that they are well broke-in.
- You may rub the boot with some alcohol, which is a 200-year old trick. Use a dry towel to the bridge and heel areas of your boot. Do not wipe off the alcohol, and continue to wear with rubbed alcohol until it goes dry. It will help to make the leather softer and more comfortable.
- You can insert the shoe stretchers in your boots when you do not wear them. It will help to a great extent to break in your shoes and make them comfortable to wear.
Finally, wear them according to the standard boot-wearing logics, which is nothing but following the conventional way you conform to wear your office boot. Just make sure that the shoes are well-fasten as per instructions by the manufacturer.
Image Source: pexels.com
Leave a Reply